There is something enjoyable about packing to me. I’m not sure what it is that I love about it so much–making the list, checking things off as I go, or the action of packing itself. But packing is always something I look forward to when going on a trip.
This time is no different, of course.
I’ve been privileged to travel with my family, even out of the country in recent years. We’ve stuck mostly to tropical places not too far from us–Turks and Caicos and Mexico. The older I get, the more I treasure these times because I know with being a Real Adult now, we’ll have less opportunities to get together.
This year, we’re heading to Nassau in the Bahamas. I’m so excited, because I love the ocean and just getting to be by it, and of course, I can’t wait to travel again and take photos of the islands.
What I’ll be wearing (no affiliate links):
- Mostly swimsuits, probably. I’ll have a couple of different bikinis and this one piece from Cupshe. Cupshe also has some really cute cover-ups worth checking out.
- This blue wrap dress. You can find it at LuLu’s, just in different colors.
- A navy floral tube top and white high-waisted shorts (both from American Eagle). Similar top can be found at AE here. Lots of blue here, can you tell?
- Plus, a few tank tops/t-shirts to use as cover-ups and for casual days at the pool.
- Green soft shorts (find them here from AE) and a white tank top.
- Also, a pair of nice sandals, flip-flops and gym shoes.
- My camera (duh), journal and chargers.
- Plenty of sunscreen.
- Bars of soap, makeup, and any other bathroom needs.
- Hair pins and cute hair scarves/scrunchies for when the heat is too much.
- And, of course, my wide-brimmed hat and a baseball cap to keep the sun off my face.
Usually, when I’m packing for a beach vaction, I know I’ll be wearing swimsuits more than anything else, then most likely changing later into something nicer for dinner or whatever else is planned. I’m also prepared for it to be hot as hell the whole time I’m there, so shorts/a dress everyday is a must.
I hope this helps you come up with some ideas for vacation outfits, or helps take the guesswork out of packing. And if you need help packing, just hmu.